Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd stop in and look the place over, kick the tires, raid the fridge. Just point me to the bar and the bathroom and I may never leave this place!

I'm a Subie Newbie. Picked up a my 1st Subaru, a 13 XV Premium CVT in the best color 6 days ago and love it. Unfortunately 3 days ago she was rear ended. A Little Camry tried to violate the Grey Ghost. Subie drove away. Camry was towed and totaled. Justice!!

Be back later. Look forward to meeting you all.

Cya,

Wing

·
Registered
603 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on the new XV and yet sooo sorry to hear of the crunch. Sounds like she took it well. But still hope you are ok and your new replacement or repairs comes to you quickly!

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Love the intro Wingnut! Stinks about the dumb as$ that rear ended you- was probably on their phone! :mad:. Ok, not getting on that soapbox! Welcome to CCT- We got a spot saved for ya 8)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. I'll post up some pix Sunday. I was crawlling around under the rear today looking for hidden dammage and saw the muffler was crushed all to hell from the impact. Since it needs to be replaced ....anyone go after market exhaust on their XV?

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm pretty impressed by these photos Wing. Is there a estimate of speed by Camry? The disparity in damage is quite revealing. I'm feeling pretty good about our safety. I know it's tested well and that's great- seeing what actual happens when the rubber meets the road is reassuring evidence indeed.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A guesstament on the speed I think would be between 10- 15. With ABS on most cars today you never hear the tires screech before the crash anymore so It was like a sucker punch!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to CCT and sorry to hear of the fender bender... SUCKS!!!! Looks like you faired ok ( noone hurt from what I assume) A little TLC and the Ghost will be back to normal in no time.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welp, Dropped the XV off at the Body Shop to repair the rearend damage. While the rear bumper cover, reinforcement bar and Muffler are off they are going to install my new Tork-Lift Invisie hitch!

Wish the Grey Ghost luck that they can get a great paint match on the Dark Grey Metalic paint.

Good as new..... Good as New....Good as new :'(

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ClubCrosstrek said:
Here's to hoping it comes back looking brand new! If they don't get it right, make sure you put pressure on them. It's the other driver's insurance covering everything, correct? They need to make it look exactly like it did pre-accident.
Yes the other drivers coverage is paying. We both are insured by State Farm. It was pretty painless in that respect! LOL! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yikes, 3 days, so sorry to hear that. I wish people who rear end you were adequately deterred. I've been in several accidents, all rear-ends where I was sitting still. Completely avoidable if people just pay attention. You seem to have a good attitude about it, good for you.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got her back today. She looks awesome. Paint color match is almost perfect (only I can tell) the metal flake is spot on match. They didn't blend to adjacent panels which is great. Only paint was on the rear Bumber cover. The Torklift ECO Series Stealth Trailer Hitche is installed with the Curt connector.

All is good in the universe again..

Total damages came to $2818.40 US

Parts cost if anyone is interested.

Rear Cover 269.95
Tow Eye Cap 4.90
LF Reflector 12.59
reinforcement bar 179.95
muffler 349.95
heat shield 48.13
Intermediate Exhaust Pipe 380.60

The rest was frame body labor and paint.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You said it RubySu!... As you know (from your many years of driving and owning cars) If you are a "Car Nut" their are two people you need to find and trust. A mechanic for repairs after the 3/36 and a Paint and Body guy. There are lots of truisms, Death and Taxes. If it is mechanical, it will break. And accidents happen!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts