Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things. I mean, I'm assuming that's what they are. I live in the North where cars are inclined to accumulate wheel wells full of impacted snow, and I'm a little worried about these fairly-delicate looking lines getting ripped away. I was thinking of zip tying them to something so they're not just floating in the open. Or am I worried about nothing? Anybody have any practical experience/advice here?

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
21 Posts
These things. I mean, I'm assuming that's what they are. I live in the North where cars are inclined to accumulate wheel wells full of impacted snow, and I'm a little worried about these fairly-delicate looking lines getting ripped away. I was thinking of zip tying them to something so they're not just floating in the open. Or am I worried about nothing? Anybody have any practical experience/advice here?

View attachment 11154
All good, my guy. I live here in the prairies and it winter in here is long and harsh. Never had issues with those lines breaking or getting frayed onto something. Im pretty sure there is a slack in the line to compensate whenever the wheels are turning and you dont want it to snap if ever you ziptied it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Also never had an issue with them. Once drove threw a snow drift that filled the wheel wells and immediately had a big vibration. The car was wobbling down the road. Cleared the snow out and back to no wobble. The lines were not impacted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts