Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I don't live in New England (sorry about the 30 inches of snow guys), but I live between New York and Philly, and we got about 6-8 inches after all was said and done. I had to pick up somebody at the Philly airport at 9 p.m., and snowfall was already an hour underway. There were a lot of slow cars on I-95, no plowing or salting has started yet and the roads were already covered in snow. My Crosstrek performed and I was driving along the highway at 55 mph, along with an occasional big SUV or pick-up truck. Kudos, Subaru. I did not feel one slip or swerve, and this is why I got the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just want to let it be known that I am not advocating fellow XV owners to take their Crosstrek for a spin during a snowstorm just to test its chops. If you don't have to drive, please don't. That is the best way to stay safe and avoid accidents.

I drove to the airport because I used sound judgment and determined it was still possible. Had it been 2 or 3 hours after snowfall, I would have asked my brother to take a cab to the nearest hotel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agreed....don't go out unless you have to in a blizzard. My XV sat in the yard as about 30 inches of snow fell Friday in eastern Massachusetts. I did have to go out on Sunday in less than perfect local roads and it performed as advertised!

·
Registered
74 Posts
We got 36" here in CT and I have the stock all-seasons. I dug out the front of my car and the driver door and she just pulled right out with no issues. Roads were hardly plowed with the roads completely snow covered(most still are). The XV performed better than I could have ever imagined. Once we dug out our driveway I went to go get a pizza for lunch. People were getting stuck everywhere in the city(New Haven) and I was just cruising on by everyone. Had someone slide out in front of me and come across my lane. I was able to maneuver out of the way in a rather quick manner without losing control of my own car. On the way back I hopped on the highway and got up to speed(55mph) without hardly noticing the road conditions(other than the bumpy ride of course).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.