Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
The Hybrid does have the "sport-tuned suspension", whatever that means by Subaru's engineers.

IMO, I prefer the XV Crosstrek Hybrid suspension to the regular XV Crosstrek despite the Hybrid's additional weight, but maybe that's because I find myself going faster in corners than most :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would I do it again?
Yes! And I'm about to. Trading in my '14 for a '16.
I like the slight improvements for the most part to the '16, and the nicer audio/touch screen.
Biggest reason is, now that the Hybrid has been discontinued, the deals on the remaining few are incredible!
My biggest concern: long term maintenance; are the techs going to be available to service it?

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
That would be dependent upon each dealership. It would be best to ask your service department how many hybrid certified technicians they have to confirm if any can work on them. The Subaru dealership service departments I've asked seemed to only have one or two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From Greener Cars

Best by Class: Compact SUV

Starting with the latest model year, these vehicles scored highest in their vehicle class.

2015 SUBARU XV CROSSTREK HYBRID 2.0L ----- 46-----> Superior

First car in this ranking with the best score..
Totally ignorant...one sTrek, 3 outbacks.

Where is the battery located, i.e. middle of frame? and how far off the ground is it. I do logging & gravel roads a lot.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts