Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen post's of this being done on other Crosstrek forums but no one is commenting or replying. Anyone done this? Do the pads cover the rotors fully? I know that the 4 pots are from a 2006 - 2007 WRX and they do bolt right up. My biggest concern is pad contact on the rotors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not trying to be snarky or anything... but why on earth would you spend that much money upgrading brakes on this car? I know people that track their 3rd gen WRXs with the OEM brakes (3rd gens were downgraded to 2 pots, not the shiny 4 pots) and unless they're running competition rubber the standard brakes hold up just fine. Stopping ability is far more limited by traction than anything brake related (outside of high heat generating track driving of course).

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not trying to be snarky or anything... but why on earth would you spend that much money upgrading brakes on this car? I know people that track their 3rd gen WRXs with the OEM brakes (3rd gens were downgraded to 2 pots, not the shiny 4 pots) and unless they're running competition rubber the standard brakes hold up just fine. Stopping ability is far more limited by traction than anything brake related (outside of high heat generating track driving of course).
Great point. Yeah they cost about $500.00 once all is said and done and I probably can get all four already powder coated red for $300.00 or less but I think they will provide better braking along with looking good.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
The 2006-2007 WRX 4-pots will require new wheels and different rotors. The front XV rotors are 11.6 inches in diameter, while the WRX 4-pots are 11.5 inches in diameter. The stock wheels don't fit over the spokes.

Also, the stock braking system with a sufficient boiling point brake fluid, pads able to take quadruple-digit Fahrenheit temperatures, and grippy tires are all that's truly needed for great stopping power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So the MY15+ changed the rotors on the Crosstrek, but the calipers and brackets are still the same so they probably just changed details that don't really change fitment. You need a spacer to fit the stock wheels over the calipers.

Fronts:
- Stock rotors
- 4 pot calipers
- 4 pot Pads

Rears:
- BRZ rotors
- Conversion Bracket Version 2.0 KNS Brakes
- 2 pot calipers
- 2 pot pads

Source:
- This guy has done them 4/2 Pot Upgrade

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the MY15+ changed the rotors on the Crosstrek, but the calipers and brackets are still the same so they probably just changed details that don't really change fitment. You need a spacer to fit the stock wheels over the calipers.

Fronts:
- Stock rotors
- 4 pot calipers
- 4 pot Pads

Rears:
- BRZ rotors
- Conversion Bracket Version 2.0 KNS Brakes
- 2 pot calipers
- 2 pot pads

Source:
- This guy has done them 4/2 Pot Upgrade
Yea, I saw that post on that forum. I'm only doing the front 4 pot. The rears no one said if the parking brake still worked being that the rotors where changed so I'm just going to get 2 stock calipers that are powder coated red.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts