Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am completely confused. When in X-Mode, does the computer automatically turn off the traction control? If not, in snow and other slippery conditions (especially in snow up a steep hill) is it better to turn off traction control when in X-Mode? I have a 2019 Crosstrek.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No, TCS is sep
I am completely confused. When in X-Mode, does the computer automatically turn off the traction control? If not, in snow and other slippery conditions (especially in snow up a steep hill) is it better to turn off traction control when in X-Mode? I have a 2019 Crosstrek.
No, TCS is separate from X-Mode. Only time to turn off TCS is when all 4 wheels have no traction, and power is cut so you can't move. Then push the TCS button off, so you can rock it and use momentum to get over the slippery parts.

I have actually never had to turn off TCS in the Crosstrek to keep moving (have had to do that in other cars), as the X-Mode seems to be very well tuned and sensitive to get through even the most slippery conditions. Of course there are limits, and at some point nothing will get you up a steep hill in icy conditions.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw this video of a pass with and without it, same road.
On the pass without, the wheels are really bouncing and most of the traction is lost.
With it on during a second Take wheel over spin gets dealt with and the car snakes along more smoothly.
It really took allot of crazy out of the wheels.
It’s almost like a kind of thrust shock absorber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts