Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll just leave this here.

Probably took me longer to Photoshop than it would take Subaru to actually build and sell. 8)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
Doesn't look too bad with the WRX STI front-end, but I would think that some BBS wheels, all-terrains, and more suspension lift would complete the package :)

I wonder if someone will actually do the WRX front-end conversion, because it'll probably be expensive and require custom-work.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWDfreak said:
Doesn't look too bad with the WRX STI front-end, but I would think that some BBS wheels, all-terrains, and more suspension lift would complete the package :)

I wonder if someone will actually do the WRX front-end conversion, because it'll probably be expensive and require custom-work.
The other item I'd like to mock up are some Hella 500 style fogs instead of the indicator/fog set below the headlights.

I'll work on some wheels. I'm finding with the XV that its tough to fit a set of wheels that looks as good as the factory set. Very good job done by Subaru there.

I'd imagine that if Subaru provided a turbo option, the take-rate would be at least as good as the Forester / XT numbers.

But I'd love to have DCCD and a 6 speed 8).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've added the STI's BBS wheels in grey as well as swapped the WRX headlights back to the XV's. They're a little meaner IMO.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
If Subaru offered a turbo version, I'd want a dual-range 6-speed manual!

And wow, definitely not the best PS job, but love the look :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks... its just two Google images I thew together while trying not to work :)

If I get my hands on some hi-res sales pics I'll take my time and do it right.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SpaceCasey said:
Most Subie parts are interchangeable, right? Can't we just put on an STi hood? Or would that require a lot of modification?
Unless there's an intercooler and turbo under it this should not be done :) Form / Function

While the blue XV above looks cool, my aim was to quickly show what an XV STi might actually look like from the factory. Although, if we ever do see a turbo XV it'll likely share go-bits from the Forester XT and be named accordingly.

Sadly Subaru seems to be taking STi into the realm of slap on IROC stickers useless chin spoilers. The XV is off-road oriented, its a lifted Impreza. It doesn't need spoilers. It needs horsepower, rock sliders and skid plates. Maybe a lift and some tires. Maybe some factory aux lights. I cringe when I see aerodynamic bits on something with 8+ inches of ground clearance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
STIs do not need to have a turbo. I would buy an sti xv in a heartbeat if it had an upgraded suspension, 40 more hp/tq and hids and of couse decals. ;D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll have to disagree somewhat... STi should stand for Subaru's premier performance mark. It needs way more than 40 HP whether its boosted or not. Ideally it would share a power plant with the WRX/STi.

A mid-range model with a NA 2.5 and 200-250HP would be nice also.

My real quarrel with Subaru on their STI-ifying of the XV is that they're lowering it and glueing on aero bits. My opinion is that they should be taking it more in the off road direction since its an SUV not a car.

Much like the Ford SVT Raptor... the F150 SVT used to be a lowered street machine, then somebody got a clue and said "hey this is a truck why are we lowering it?" So the next iteration was jacked up, widened and boosted in the vain of a dune racer. You get the Raptor and they're selling every one they can make.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The XV isn't a SUV. It's a car. It is one hundred percent an impreza with a taller suspension. The impreza is a car, and does not automatically become an SUV when taller. Sorry.

And about the question of whether a hood would work? No, you'd need to swap the bumper and fenders too to make the hood fit.

And the whole form over function? Subaru sold THOUSANDS if not millions of imprezas, legacy GTs and Outbacks with hood scoops with no intercooler. Sometimes the coolness outweighs the need.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you serious or a trolll? You realize nearly every SUV sold around the world is based on a car platform that's lifted. Jeep Cherokee, BMW X series, Ford Escape, pretty much everything. All car platforms with a lift.

Ride height (among other things) determines classification into the SUV/ CUV category for things like government crash tests, manufacturer sales figures, EPA mileage ratings, etc.

So while everyone on this site realizes the XV is an Impreza (thank you for stating the obvious) its classified as an SUV by pretty much every organization that has anything to do with automobiles.

So you have answered your own question here. Your need to seem smart has out weighed your actual knowledge on the subject. So maybe you need a little more function in your life and a little less form.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not sure why you have to come off as an ass hole. The XV isn't an SUV. Sorry. Even if you think it is. Talk yourself blue in the face, it ain't gonna change it.

You can bet I ain't no troll noob. I've owned 53 Subarus, been seriously involved with Subarus for 15 years, lifted and built more of them than you've owned cars is what I bet. I've been a moderator on a Subaru forum for more than 10 years, have met more folks in person having to do with Subarus than you ever will. I even spent a year at a Subaru only junk yard, taking them apart and reassembling them and learning all sorts about them. Making one taller doesn't change them fact it's still a car. Put one next to an actual SUV, the difference is clear. Automobile organizations around the world can concur on anything they want, it doesn't change ****.

What I know about these cars I didn't have to read about somewhere on the internet to form my opinions or to gain my knowledge.

And noe of the three SUVs you mentioned come in a car form, no unlifted versions for sale. 2WD versions, but none sitting low to the ground.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TL;DR Try paragraph breaks next time.

Edmunds, JD Power, Kelly Blue Book, Motortrend, Car and Driver, Automobile, The United States government, the Canadian Government, The European Union, every governing body around the world, the EPA, NTSB, the National Automobile Dealers Association and Subaru itself all list the XV as an SUV.

But I'm sure you know more than they do. You've had 146 Subarus after all.

I'd also suggest you watch the language. It reeks of a lack of intelligence. You don't have the proper vocabulary to make an argument so you fill in with garbage.

Look up the Dunning-Kruger Effect. If you can follow along with the content, it fits you to a T.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, I'm not here to make enemies and I don't know why my initial post got you so riled up. Name calling is lame but if you want to start over and focus on the topic at hand that's fine by me. Your move Crunch.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts